INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
Opportunities are available for the following types of internships:
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY OVERVIEW
The United States Probation Office is a federal law enforcement agency under the direction of the United States Federal Courts. United States Probation Officers conduct background investigation of individuals charged with violations of the federal criminal statutes. Additionally, United States Probation Officers supervise defendants that are released from custody of the Bureau of Prisons or are placed on probation directly from the Federal Court.
WORK HOURS AND SALARY:
Monday through Friday, 10 to 15 hours weekly.
Internships are available year-round in our Minneapolis, St. Paul and Bemidji offices
Internships are nonpaid positions
- Complete the application for internship;
- Submit a current copy of their transcript (a non-official copy is acceptable);
- Provide at least one faculty letter of reference;
- Draft a cover letter directed to the Human Resources Specialist containing a request for an internship.
- Email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible to work in the United States
- Be a current college student
- Have excellent writing skills, analytical abilities, and computer proficiency
- Have a high level of maturity, reliability, integrity, and confidentiality
- Submit to a background check
INTERNS WILL BE TRAINED TO:
Assist officers in maintaining a case load; Assist officers in drafting court reports, attend court hearings, analyze and interpret criminal records, draft criminal history reports, shadow officers in the course of their duties, complete other special projects.