INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
Opportunities are available and can be found here.
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY OVERVIEW
The United States Probation Office is a federal law enforcement agency under the direction of the United States Federal Courts. United States Probation Officer conduct background investigation of individuals charged with violations of the federal criminal statutes. Additionally, United States Probation Officers supervise defendants that are released from custody of the Bureau of Prisons or are placed on probation directly from the Federal Court.
WORK HOURS AND SALARY:
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, unless otherwise specified
Internships are available year-round in our Minneapolis and St. Paul offices
Internships are nonpaid positions
- Complete the application for internship and the following information must be received from students before they may be considered
- A current copy of their transcript (a non-official copy is acceptable).
- At least one faculty letter of reference.
- A cover letter directed to the Human Resources Specialist containing a request for an internship.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible to work in the United States
- Be a college senior, graduate student, or recent college graduate
- Have excellent writing skills, analytical abilities, and computer proficiency
- Have a high level of maturity, reliability, integrity, and confidentiality
- Submit to a background check
- Internship applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNS WILL BE TRAINED TO:
Assist officers in maintaining a case load; Read and understand court documents; Attend court hearings and understand courtroom etiquette; Collect urinalysis specimens from defendants; Interpret criminal records; Complete bail reports; Monitor defendant's released from custody; Complete other special projects.