The Prison and Reentry Education Program addresses the questions of defendants and their families regarding sentencing, surrender, and reentry to the community. Information presented includes:
- security levels within the Bureau of Prisons
- what defendants should and should not bring on their report day
- expectations of inmates and a typical day within the Bureau of Prisons
- halfway house placement and what to expect as your imprisonment ends
- expectations and requirements of supervised release
- on-line resources, including materials from the Bureau of Prisons
U.S. Probation Officers will be available to answer more specific questions, based on information shared by defendants who have already completed their prison sentence and former Bureau of Prisons' employees.
Due to current courthouse-entry restrictions and limitations on gatherings, the next program will occur via Zoom in June or July, though a date has not been finalized. To be notified of the date and receive the Zoom link when it is scheduled, please complete the Registration.
To register, please complete the Registration form.
Information about the coronavirus impact on the Bureau of Prisons and their response can be accessed at their resource page.